-ONE DAY workshop
-Course size limited to a small group so your issues can be raised & discussed
-Cost: $800 ex GST, Includes: lunch & refreshments
Learn the essentials for managing information to ensure it’s managed as a critical asset for your organisation.
Why you should attend
Most organisations don’t have a consistent way to manage its information and knowledge. It’s often left to personal choice where this information is stored and how long it’s kept. This causes inefficiency, duplication, risk of information accidents and a lot of rework.
This training course will help you understand the essentials of information management by:
* Ensuring you understand what 21st century recordkeeping looks like
* Looking at how you can assess different types of information your organisation works with and what controls and ways of managing and making the information available is appropriate
* How to structure information so its easy to file, find and work with, as well as what to retain and dispose of over time including providing you with a taxonomy and metadata starter
* Ensuring you understand how digitisation can deliver business benefit
* Modern technologies such as; file shares, email, 365, Dropbox etc and working through their specific strengths and challenges.
You’ll come away with
a) Deeper understanding of how to better manage information and records for your organisation
b) Techniques for making information management part of your Enterprise Architecture
c) Understand the principles of creating a usable Information Architecture
d) Real world examples that will help you solve common information issues and deliver business benefit
Training course detail
The course size is limited to a small group of attendees so your issues can be raised and discussed.
There will be the opportunity for discussion and Q&A with Information Leadership’s highly experienced experts and case studies and scenarios throughout the course so that you can practice applying the techniques that are taught.
WHAT IS COVERED
- Business Relevance: Understand why managing information is so important for your organisation
- 21st Century record keeping – what are the new challenges, new tools and new skills required icon arrow
- Taxonomy and metadata – learn about why are they needed, how are they designed and what to avoid.
- Information Architecture and how it can be applied to create useful and usable user oriented solutions.
- Understand how to make information management fit into and inform your Enterprise Architecture
- Digitisation - key options and considerations for delivering business benefit through digitisation
- Learn strategies for dealing with difficult formats such as CAD, linked spreadsheets and the like
- See Retention and disposal of records in action
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- How to build a business case that links improving information management to business success
- Deeper understanding of how to better manage information and records for your organisation
- Techniques for making information management part of your Enterprise Architecture
- Understand the principles of creating a usable Information Architecture
- Real world examples that will help you solve common information issues and deliver business benefit
- Review exercises that check understanding so that you are confident that you can apply the learning from the course when you are back in the office
- Small group size so that your issues can be raised and discussed
- The opportunity for discussion and Q&A with Information Leadership’s highly experienced experts
- Case studies and scenarios throughout the course so that you can practice applying the techniques that are taught
WHO IS THE COURSE DESIGNED FOR
This course targets people who have responsibility for the management of information in their organisation for example:
IM and Record managers – who are responsible for managing information and want to better support the organisation
IT Managers - who are responsible for providing systems to manage information and records
Corporate Services – who are responsible for delivering information services to the organisation and need to recordkeeping knowledge
Master IM in Information Systems; BA
Paddy is an information management specialist. Her work includes taxonomy development, retention and disposal schedule design, Public Records Act audits and change management.
View Paddy's full profile and contact details.
Don't take our word for it - here's what attendees say:
- "Great topics!! Really well structured, well explained, great to hear people experiences in group too"
- "Whole day of great value - helped sort out what we had to do back in our workplace
- "Taxonomy - delivered in a way that I could understand. Scanning of docs was very interesting & useful"