NZ’s specialist in Enterprise Content Management for Office 365.
Have it all: Ease and flexibility for users, confidence and control for your organisation.
You work with public records, and want to achieve better outcomes for your organisation.
This one day foundation course aims to provide an engaging experience for all learning styles
• Understand the provisions for information and records governance
• Learn how to influence users and stakeholders in your organisation
• Gain a clear understanding of what public records are
• Identify public records in your organisation
• Understand the purpose of the Public Records Act
• Understand the framework for Public Records Act compliance
• Gain familiarity with the key provisions of the Act
• Know how to evaluate your records management against the standard
What public records are and how to identify them
What it means to create and maintain records
When you should create a public record
Common issues in creating and maintaining records
The benefits of good recordkeeping and how to explain these to others
How the PRA applies to different formats
How the PRA applies to records created through contracting out or the use of consultants
What to do with historic hard copy records
The relationship between the PRA and the Official Information and Privacy Acts
Understanding specific provisions of the PRA: What they mean, and why they are important
Models and support for creating your own action plan
New Records and Information Management Standard for the Public Sector
Chat with Information Leadership’s experienced experts
“it has given me a far great understanding of the PRA and what we can delete, but more importantly, what we are required to keep"
“I liked learning what others are up to in the IM space and the feedback from the trainer with info, advice and resources"
"[Sarah's] energy and enthusiasm rubbed off on those she came into contact with"
“a good balance of listening and group discussion/exercises"
"comprehensive and full of useful information"